Sunday, November 13, 2011

11/11/11

Now technically two days ago I did something on a whim. Well, if you consider talking about it with many different people and trying to decide for hours a whim.

I signed up for the Rock 'n' Roll USA Half Marathon in DC on March 17, 2011.



I have run a 5k almost a year ago, a 10k last spring, and a 5 miler this Thanksgiving. That is it. But why not sign up for a half marathon in a few short months that is no where near close to me?

I had already planned on signing up for a local half marathon at the end of May with a friend (and will still be signing up December 1st!), but with the Rock 'n' Roll sale yesterday and seeing the date for DC, I just couldn't resist. My sister goes to grad school in the area and I still have a couple friends from Study Abroad in the area so it was probably about the only location that made sense to travel to without having someone planning to run it with me. 

Plus, how cool will running through DC be?! I haven't been there much and can. not. wait.

So, I decided to try this blogging thing again as a place to talk about my first real race training. Complain about having to run on the treadmill and at the track and in the snow. And anything else that strikes my boring fancy. I will post an amateur training schedule that incorporates both races. I plan to start training right after Thanksgiving after I complete the 5 miler that I have been sorta 'training' for if you can call it that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment