Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Attempt 3,864, Or Close To It.

So I am back at this strange little blog after a year of silence. The reason I came back is to try to do what I did a year ago: Blog about my experience with half marathon training.

Last year I ran the Rock 'n' Roll USA Half Marathon on March 17, 2012 as my first half marathon and then the Bayshore Half Marathon on May 26, 2012. I had a training schedule that went through both of them and I was going to blog about it. I posted maybe 2 or 3 times at the beginning... and then stopped. No big deal, not like anyone read it anyways.

Well, now I am again training for the Bayshore Half Marathon on May 25, 2013 and when I was making my training plan and starting training I just really wished I had my thoughts from the first time around. I read through bits of the stuff I did manage to publish and I found it quite interesting to see where I was then compared to what I am feeling now. So, I am going to try again. I am about 3.5 weeks into my (admittedly long) training plan and the goal isn't to publish all my runs and all my thoughts, but it is to get into the habit of posting because I signed up for the Chicago Marathon (still doesn't seem real). I really want to blog about training for that and if I get into the habit now... hopefully it will stick when I start training about a month after I run the Bayshore.

No comments:

Post a Comment